The conference is organized in thematic sessions, whose schedule is being defined by the Scientific Committee, each session with an opening talk given by a internationally renowned guest. The conference itself will be opened by a recognized scientific personality. During coffee and lunch breaks, and after the sessions, posters presentation sessions will take place.
Planned six thematic sessions:
- Emerging diseases and new insights in taxonomy and phylogeny of plant pathogens in evolving global conditions
- Space-time and multi-scales approaches: diagnostic, epidemiology and ecology in the field
- Microbial determinants of pathogen and symbiotic interactions
- From plant-microbe interactions to interactions within phytobiomes (joint session with the American Phytopathological Society)
- From plant immunity to innovative plant breeding
- Emerging tools for the management of plant diseases : Agroecology and disease management
In addition, a satellite meeting focusing on the INTERREG V SMARTBIOCONTROL European platform of research and development of tools for biocontrol of phytopathogens) and round tables devoted to teaching Plant Pathology in the new context, high technology Plant Pathology and the future of crop protection will be organized.
Finally, both EFPP board meeting and the General Assembly of the SFP will take place.